DO YOU THINK YOUR SHORT FILM CAN BECOME A CULT CLASSIC?
Do you feel that there should be more to the life of your film, after a few festival screenings? Do you think that your film should be able to reach worldwide audiences and build their fan base just like feature films and TV shows do?
We believe that the real impact of your film can only be achieved if it reaches an audience of millions! In the era of social media entertainment what used to be the greatest disadvantage of a short film – its length – is now its greatest power! There is an endless possibility for short films to build an active, devoted fan following worldwide!
We created CULT SHORTS to draw the magnificent, shocking, hilarious, terrifying, transgressive, imaginative short films from the brink of oblivion and to bring them to the largest audience there is – the internet. But this is NOT another online festival.
WE JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY!
We create an individual strategy for the promotion of each film on all the major social network and video hosting services – Vimeo, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
Our mission is to select a wide range of films that we believe are delivering their message in an engaging and entertaining way and make sure these films reach the widest possible exposure.
BUT THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING
From here on, it is all up to the audience to decide the finalists and ultimately, the winner. The 35 films that will create the largest following online, will receive our official CULT SHORT FINALIST laurel and will be included in the live screenings of the CULT SHORT FILM FESTIVAL.
The authors of the finalists will be granted hotel accommodation, free dinners and drinks at our events and parties, and will have the chance to enjoy watching and talking about their films with a live audience and meet fellow filmmakers, talk about the future of their projects and cult film in general.
The film that has created the largest cult following – estimated by online views, comments, likes, and shares, will be awarded a cash prize of 1000 Euros, a statuette, and a laurel “CULT SHORT OF THE YEAR” at the closing ceremony.
CULT SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL happens every year in a different remote location throughout Europe. Read about CULT SHORT FILM FESTIVAL 2021 here
We are open to any genre and style but we are especially excited to see films with vivid characters that can spark a strong emotional response! Films in traditionally underrepresented genres within the European festival circuit: comedy, horror, thriller, fantasy, science fiction, adventure, musical, mystery, western – are especially encouraged to apply!
And in the true fashion of cult cinema, we do not care if your film was made yesterday or one hundred years ago!
- YOU MUST OWN THE COPYRIGHT TO THE FILM.
- We add a short fade in/out of our CULT SHORT logo with the appropriate category, at the beginning of every film.
- If you plan to release the film on other YouTube channels, or if your film is already online, you can still submit, but the film can only be considered for the non-competitive ORBIT SELECTION.
- The 35 finalists and the winner of the 1000 euro cash prize award, will be chosen based entirely on audience views, engagement – likes, comments, and shares on YouTube and Vimeo. This is why films in the official competition may not be released online prior to or during the one year while in competition.
- YOU MUST HAVE LICENSING RIGHTS FOR ANY MUSIC USAGE. Please make sure your licenses are for online usage (including YouTube) for all territories. If you have “handshake” agreements with labels or musicians, you must obtain formal licenses to pass through YouTube’s automatic copyright system, or be prepared to reach out to your contacts to clear all copyright claims that pop up.
- There is no limit as to how many films you can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category.
- The completion date does not influence the submission selection.
- Previous Festival history for the film does not influence the submission selection.
- You are free to request a withdrawal of your film from our selection before the announcement of our official finalists. We are not able to provide any refunds.
- If selected for the festival the applicant acknowledges and agrees that the film will be displayed online on YouTube and Vimeo with an option of live screenings for the selected finalists and any additional special-screening programs.
- All films in any different language from English must necessarily be subtitled, in English.
- Submissions are completely free by the 28th of February 2021. From March 1st a small submission fee will be introduced.
- To submit before the 28th of February, send us an e-mail to email@example.com with a preview link to your film and brief information.
- For your submission to be valid, we need you to clearly state in your e-mail the acceptance of all the regulations on www.cultshorts.com.